Tangiatu ra nga tini aitua, koutou kua riro ki tua o Paerau e ngau kino nei e te mamae. Taku aroha noa i te murau o te tini, te wenerau o te mano. Moe mai i roto i nga ringaringa o te Ariki, oti atu e.
E nga mana, e nga reo, e nga kanohi ora o Ngati Wai hapu o Ngati Tama iwi koutou hoki nga matawaka e takahi nei i te whenua hei tutuki i nga wawata o ratou ma.
Mauriora ki a tatou katoa!
Welcome to “Connection” our first monthly Panui (newsletter).
Communications is important to us all and we want to know “what’s happening” let’s get connected.
We are keen to publish our Hapu Panui every month so we all stay “CONNECTED”.
It will feature:
• Current hapu developments
• Where are we at with our Ngati Tama claims process
• Upcoming events and interesting stories from within our boarders and beyond
Please send us your stories on how fantastic your mokopuna/tamariki are, or any of your Kaumaatua achievements, and let’s honour our whanau together.
The process is simple, just email us your stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Mahanga Williams on 06 3675952 or 027-2433561 it’s that simple.
Whanau, we are keen to publish our Hapu success stories. This is a great opportunity for us to connect with each other and celebrate our achievements together. I hear we have Hapu members who have graduated i.e.
• Who are they & what did they graduate in?
• Tamariki/Taiohi thriving in their sports and schools?
• Matua delivering services within the education, health and justice sectors?
• Entrepreneurs who are self employed rocking it in the business World?
• Trades people who are applying their craft skills within the building industry?
• Leaders who are making a positive contribution within their Communities?
Whanau we want to hear these stories and bring them to the forefront, to engage with you so we get to know each other as a collective Whanau and rejoice as we work towards developing our Ngati Wai o Ngati Tama Hapu.
Nga mihi, na Mahanga Williams.
Summary of Special General Meeting of Trust and Hapu Hui held:
21 AUGUST 2011
NGATI WAI O NGATI TAMA TRUST SGM
AT MERE TE AROHA WHANGANUI
It was positive to see a good turnout of Hapu members in attendance including receiving a high number of Postal Voting Forms from Hapu members who could not be here today in support of the following new Trustees
• Susan Osborne, Whanganui
• John Cribb, Waikanae
• Justin Enoka, Wainuiomata
We had the correct quorum of people in the whare so from the floor a furthernominee was proposed; Wiremu Barriball, uri of Parepounamu.
This nomination was accepted.
On behalf of the Trust, we welcome the four new Trustees on board and lookforward to having their skills and talents to assist us as we work towardsthe unity of our hapu.
Whanau Ora :
Sheryl and Mahanga informed everyone that the Trust was successful with our Whanau Ora funding application from TPK. The kaupapa for the Whanau Ora programme is about engaging with our extended whanau and Hapu members which is exactly what we want to achieve. A strategy we have in mind is to organise a noho in Wellington in 2012. We plan to visit some of our Tupuna significant sites including a special ceremony at Te Kaeaea burial site.
So stay tuned Whanau we aim to have a date sorted and will inform you all in the next panui.
Alive on October 1st 2011
As we move forward with our Treaty Claims we anticipate challenges, however, with the confidence and support of our Hapu we will achieve our goals, guided by our values of Kotahitanga, Whanaungatanga and Manaakitanga.
Mahanga Williams accepted the nomination to Chair this hui.
Ngati Wai Hapu has no constitution; it operates under Tikanga (rules) set by the descendents of Ngati Wai Hapu.
At the Hapu hui the following matters of concern were raised by the descendents
• When should Hapu meetings take place outside of Trust meetings?
• How should it run and function?
• Who has the mandate to call a Hapu meeting?
• Need to established a Whakapapa Subcommittee
After lengthy discussions the following motions were put to the floor and
were supported unanimously by all Ngati Wai Hapu members in attendance.
• When necessary, future Ngati Wai Hapu hui are to be held following Ngati Wai O Ngati Tama Trust meetings.
• That the office positions of the hapu committee be addressed.
• That a Whakapapa Subcommittee be established to address and confirm
Whakapapa that can be displayed publicly.
• Develop Newsletters to connect and inform our whanau on key interest
within Ngati Wai O Ngati Tama.
To receive updated Newsletters via email please fill in the form below and respond to the sign up email you receive to allow us to send to you.